Thursday, June 14, 2012

14 Classic Distractions for the Internet Newcomer

Every once in a while, I run across an old article, video, or link of some kind and think, “Oh yeah, that was awesome! Too bad it’s so old,” because my job is to post the newest and hottest links every day. If I post something more than a couple of months old, I’ll get complaints. However, it’s not really old to someone who hasn’t seen it. After all, there are young folks who only use the internet for Facebook and Wikipedia, and more older folks are going online for the first time every day.

I put some of those links together as a list of old hits that everyone should see sometime, that could be used as a way to introduce new users to the wonders of the internet, at least the fairly tame yet funny parts. Here are a few suggestions for freshman surfers, in a list I posted at mental_floss.



2 comments:

WDitot said...

I've been online for many years, and had seen only Daft Hands from that list. More!

internet said...

wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytime i learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info , Thanks for all of your hard work!