Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Daily Mail

Redditor Poem_for_your_sprog wrote a poem, by request, about the site linking to The Daily Mail.

Late one day whilst weak and weary,
Scanning Reddit’s threads, eyes bleary,
There I spotted something cheery;
Something I’d adore.
Simply seeking information,
I was pleased by a quotation,
Seeming cited to location,
Where I’d look for more.

A hyperlink to take me there,
Just that, and nothing more.

But alas! For when I clicked it,
Unprepared for the conflict it,
Would soon rise in me afflicted,
Shocked me to my core.
There, instead of truthful tale,
Swelled a shape that shook me pale,
An item by the Daily Mail,
As though from days of yore.

And there I hope it stays forever,
Lost to days of yore.

So my friends, if I might ask you,
Beg or plead or simply task you,
Not to ever detail-mask through,
That unnatural shore.
Then I would forever finely,
Click each link and hope benignly,
To attain detail divinely,
And each source explore.

Without fear, I’d upvote freely,
Joyous to explore.

And as for links to that damned site?
Never, nevermore.

No comments: