Monday, July 14, 2014

Bullfrogs in Slow Motion



The title pretty much describes what happens in this video. Videographer Michael N. Sutton tells us how it came about.

During a torrential downpour at Robert Frost Farm, I ventured into the forest which hides a frog pond and decided to film Bullfrogs in slowmo using my Photron Fastcam BC2 HD camera. In hindsight I should have at least bought an assistant as the rain was severe and the gear was heavy and awkward to carry by myself. Also I had to make a custom rain cover for the camera, Pix240i and the lens.

As a kid I always wanted to shoot wildlife documentaries, etc as Wild America and other shows were my favorite when I was allowed to watch TV. This is actually harder in real life.

The addition of some spooky music -the song is “Death and Decay”- makes it even better. (via Everlasting Blort)

No comments: