Thursday, January 08, 2015

The Modern Country Song



I spent the last ten years of my radio career playing country music, and I have to say that this is a pretty good song. The problem is that it’s supposed to be six different songs, all released by different artists in 2012, 2013, and 2014. Four have gone to #1 and two are still climbing the charts. But once you start mashing them up, you'll find they are interchangeable. The songs are:
"Sure Be Cool If You Did"- Blake Shelton
"Drunk on You"- Luke Bryan
"Chillin' It"- Cole Swindell
"Close Your Eyes"- Parmalee
"This is How We Roll"- Florida Georgia Line
"Ready, Set, Roll"- Chase Rice
I swore off country music when I retired from the business, so I’m not familiar with any of them. But if I were, I’d be tempted to do exactly this to them. The mashup is from Gregory Todd, an aspiring songwriter in Nashville. I think he’s found the tune that will make him a success. (via Digg


1 comment:

Piers "Morgan" Moron said...

Why is this surprising? Surely all country music is basically the same tired, old rubbish anyway.