Friday, July 28, 2023

Glorious Trick Shot: Two Flips, Two Baskets



Kevin Libertowski is a basketball trick shot artist, but even he was astounded that this one worked.
I made this shot from a trampoline over 60 feet away from the hoop I was shooting on. The shot starts off with a ball in my hands and another in between my legs. I then back flip releasing the ball in my hands towards the hoop, then go immediately into a front flip while exchanging the ball from my legs to my hands, then wait to rotate around a bit and shoot the second shot at the hoop while still in my front flip. Each shot reaches the hoop at the exact same time colliding inside the net for a double swish.
 It would have been tragic if any of the cameras had failed on this one shot. Yes, he made many attempts before getting it just right. (via Uproxx)

2 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I suspect "many attempts" is an understatement.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many treks into those woods he has made to retrieve basketballs.
I wonder whether he has more than just the two balls and makes one trip to retrieve multiple balls from the woods, or if he has to stop and put his shoes on and go find balls after every attempt.