Friday, August 06, 2021

The Hillbillies of Beverly Hills



In 1962, Paul Henning pitched an idea for a sitcom about a family of Ozark hillbillies who struck oil and moved to the big city. CBS ordered a pilot to be made, which was never aired, but set up the concept of The Beverly Hillbillies. The first aired episode told the same story with the same characters, but was re-recorded. The name of the series was improved, too. 

This was posted here in 2017, but that copy is now gone, so I'm glad to show it again. (Thanks, Brother Bill!)

1 comment:

WilliamRocket said...

Yeah. I watched this, but it mucks with the head a bit.
My sister and I learnt all the words to the theme song, and her extra 5 years enabled her to describe each and every room they showed, even the banker's office.
Now we are both approaching 145 very quickly so I don't think it is fair to confuse us with this prequel.
Texas T, black gold ... and we didn't live anywhere near the United States, lol.